A first date should be an exciting and memorable event and it’s something that you will remember for most of your life. Planning that first date can be a bit stressful because you want to make an impression but at the same time you want the other person to truly enjoy the evening. Hopefully these tips and fun first date ideas might help you plan the perfect date!
- Try New Cuisine: The main idea of a first date is to encourage conversation; and although the usual “dinner and a movie” have been tried and tested, spice it up a bit by trying out new cuisine together. You will share a new experience and definitely have a lot to talk about.
- Ice Skating: It’s a fun and exciting way to get to know each other and it might just offer a few laughs as well. If you don’t know how to skate – no worries! More reason to hold hands and enjoy the challenge. It’s also a perfect idea for people who like to be active.
- Attend a Local Music Show: You don’t necessarily have to go to a stadium show, something smaller will do too. Don’t go for something too loud though; remember that conversation is important for a first date to be successful.
- Hiking: It’s a great outdoors activity and will make for a perfect first date. It’s probably just a good idea to check with your date to make sure he or she is up to the task! It will make for a wonderful day of sight-seeing and enjoying the outdoors.
- Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen: Although not your average first date, volunteering is a great idea and will not only allow you to get to know each other but also to do something worthwhile together. You will feel great afterwards and there’s a good chance that your date will too.
- Go Shopping: Gift shopping is a great way to spend your time and why not take your date with you? You can share ideas, suggest gifts to buy and go for a bite afterwards. Retail therapy has never been this great.
- Go Boating: Another wonderful idea to enjoy the outdoors. You can take up canoeing, row boating or just paddle out on a sunny afternoon. You don’ have to go big; just remember to dress accordingly and enjoy! This is definitely one of the more romantic and fun first date ideas.
- Visit a Museum: Go to your favorite museum and enjoy a day with your date. You can even visit more than one if your city has more to offer.
- Plan a Picnic: Choose a nice spot and swing by a restaurant or grocery store on your way. Grab some quick treats and enjoy a quiet afternoon with your date. High on the list of fun first date ideas!
- Watch an Outdoor Movie: Put a spin on the normal theatre dates and go for an outdoor movie or a drive-in theatre. It’s a romantic idea and your date will love it. Find out what movies are showing and choose one that both of you will enjoy.
Planning a first date should be exciting and not stressful; and with these top tips on fun first date ideas you won’t have any excuse at all. There is something for everyone and you are sure to find something that both of you will enjoy. Now get planning and enjoy your first date!